I was asked recently about the blessing we say before lunch. Some of the families have wanted to say this blessing before meals at home so I thought I would post it here. We used to do a different one but the children never really were into it and neither was I, so I made a mental note of this one from eating dinner at Isaiah and Miel's home and we've been singing it ever since. The children LOVE it and we NEVER forget to say our blessing before lunch! :)
Each day before we eat, after all of our plates are filled and placed on the table we hold hands around the table and sing our blessing.
Oh the earth is good to me
and so I thank the earth
for giving me
the things I need
the sun and the rain
and the apple seed
the earth is good to me!
These special daily rituals are what the children love most about our day!
1 comment:
That's funny...the other night when we were singing, Isaiah said, "We sing that at school." What serendipity, I thought. Lately we've been getting goofy about our seed...you might (not) want to try it, since there's no going back. Depending on what we're eating...the potato seed, the pumpkin seed, etc.
Post a Comment