Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Who Likes The Rain? A Movement and Creative Drama Activity




Who likes the rain?
by Clara Doty Bates

"I" said the duck, "I call it fun,
for I have my little red rain boots on!
They make a cunning 3 toed track
in the soft cool mud, QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!"

"I" cried the dandelion, "I,
My roots are thirsty and my buds are dry!"
And she lifted a tousled yellow head,
out of her green and grassy bed.

I hope it will pour, I hope it will pour,
Croaked the tree toad at his grey backdoor.
"For with a broad leaf for a roof
I'm perfectly weather-proof!"

Sang the brook "I welcome every drop,
Come down dear raindrops, never stop
Until a broad river you make of me
And then I will carry you out to sea!"

"I" shouted Ted "For I can run
with my high-top boots and raincoat on,
through every puddle and runlet and pool
I find on the road to school."

No comments: