I have to admit I'm a huge car seat safety freak. My daughter is still in a rear facing car seat, pretty much unheard of for a 2 year old but she is under 32 pounds, so she'll stay backwards because it's the safest place for her to be! When we became parents we bought a new car, put the carseat in the middle seat and got the safest seat we could find after researching it A LOT.
After seeing a car accident out on 6th street today (we see them once a week living here actually!) I decided to post this information for anyone that doesn't know. I realized that if I was not a childcare provider I would have never taken the day long car seat safety training course and wouldn't know all the details that could possibly save my child (or your child's) life!
These are two videos about the car seat safety and the difference between a booster seat and 5 point harness seat.
In Rochester there are free car seat checks once a month here's the information.
Information-
The Rochester Fire Department works with the Mayo Clinic Child Passenger Safety Program by providing facilities for inspections. Safety inspections are held approximately once a month at Fire Station #4, located at 1875 NW 41st St. in Rochester. Trained & Certified personnel will instruct you on proper child safety seat installation.
Make An Appointment
You must have an appointment to attend clinic!
Contact: Sharon Munns, R.N. at 507-255-5066 or by email.
Scheduled Clinics
Scheduled clinics for 2009 are:
* Wednesday, April 22, 2009: 4-6 pm
* Thursday, May 21, 2009: 4-6 pm
* Tuesday, June 23, 2009: 4-6 pm
* Tuesday, July 21, 2009: 4-6 pm
* Wednesday, August 19, 2009: 4-6 pm
* Wednesday, September 23, 2009: 2-4 pm
* Tuesday, October 20, 2008:4-6 pm
Questions
Contact: Sharon Munns, R.N. at 507-255-5066
No comments:
Post a Comment