Wednesday, July 8, 2009

We enjoyed playing outside for quite a while this morning. We kept looking at the sky thinking it would rain but it never did. We came inside for music class and had a salad bar for lunch with tons of yummy salad toppings and banana and milk. It was really a hit with almost everyone- even the little ones enjoyed their salads.
After lunch we played outside a little bit more. We have been moving things around a bit on the playground so the children had some great fresh places to search for insects. They also found out that the balancing log can make some great music! They've been drumming all day- hopefully the neighbors have their windows shut today! :) I feel sorry for anyone that lives next to a preschool- it can be noisy! As Ryan says "some day's I just want to cut my ears off!"
The children are very creative music makers!
When we came inside we read the book "Five Nice Mice" about 5 little mice that use things they find to make instruments and then have a concert for their friends and neighbors. We've decided that if it isn't raining this afternoon that we'll look around and make our own instruments with things we find around the house and then have a musical parade on the sidewalk!
Here is a short video clip of our drum team in action so you can see for yourself how great they are!



and here is a funny clip of Z doing her silly dance. If you know her you know that she loves to be silly and loves to dance- she always tries to make people laugh. She's quite a little character, full of energy and sweetness!



I have no idea why the right side of my video's are cut off when I post them on the blog, unfortunately it usually cuts somebody off- in the drum video I had all of the children in the frame. We still have not fixed our good camera so pictures have been very limited lately. Hopefully we'll get it fixed soon, I miss it!!!!

No comments: