Today was a great day! This morning we took a trip to Kutzky Park to play, unfortunately they were fixing the bridge AND mowing the lawn of the big hill by St. Mary's so we weren't able to explore in either of those area's but we did enjoy playing at the equipment at the park!
We came back and watched a short bit of a movie while Ryan and I prepared lunch and then right after lunch we went to Folwell school for the RNeighbors Folwell neighborhood association community gathering. It was so much fun! The summer of service teenagers were there to color with chalk with the children - the goal was to decorate the sidewalk as much as possible for national night out. They were also serving free rootbeer floats! A huge hit with most of the kids!! The children enjoyed getting their bodies traced with chalk, drawing beautiful pictures, and meeting new friends. The extra cool part was seeing the news crew and the post bulletin paper photographer as well. Look for photos of your children coloring with chalk, I know the woman took many pictures of Anna's hands as she colored and wrote her name and Jayme, Dru, Tanmay, Ronan and Milan were also in some of the shots for the newspaper. The woman with the news camera took a cute clip of Dru smiling away at the camera- Dru is such a lovely photo subject she actually looks at the camera and smiles EVERY TIME I point it at her! I LOVE that!
If you DO NOT want your child to be shown in the post bulletin contact the paper and tell them your child's name, they will omit any photos they took of your child. They took photos of pretty much everybody at the event and I do not know what photos they will use, if any. They thought that the pictures would be in TOMORROW'S paper. They said they may lump them all together in a national night out group with many more from activities around the city.
I put book orders in everyone's folders, if you would like to order books bring back the order form by the end of next week!
Also remember that tomorrow is Tie Dye Day! Please bring something white and wear old clothes!
No comments:
Post a Comment