Days of Each Month
Thirty days has September
April June and November
All the rest have thirty-one
February has twenty-eight alone,
Excepting leap-year, that's the time
When February's days are twenty-nine.
Months of the year
January brings the snow;
Makes our feet and fingers glow.
February brings the rain;
Thaws the frozen pond again.
March brings the wind so cold and chill;
Drives the cattle from the hill.
April brings us sun and showers,
And the pretty wildwood flowers.
May brings grass and leafy trees,
Waviang in each gentle breeze.
June brings roses, fresh and fair,
And the cherries ripe and rare.
July brings the greatest heat,
Cloudless skies and dusty street.
August brings the golden grain;
Harvest time is here again.
Mild September brings us more
Fruit and grain, for winter store.
Brown October brings the last
Of ripening gifts, from summer past.
Dull November brings the blast:
Down from the trees the leaves fall fast
Cold December ends the rhyme
With blazing fires and Christmas time.
Coloring with beeswax block crayons
With my crayons I will go
journeying o'er the bright rainbow
red and yellow, green and blue
orange and purple that will do
now let's see where they take me to!
Morning Greeting
The Earth is firm beneath my feet
the sun shines bright above
And here I stand so straight and strong
All things to know and love
Good Morning, Good Morning!
Good Morning Song
Good morning dear earth
Good morning dear sun
Good morning to the birds and the flowers every one
Good morning dear stones and the fish in the sea
Good morning to you and good morning to me
Goodbye
Merry have we met
and merry have we been
Merry shall we part
And merry meet again!
Goodbye Goodbye!
Mealtime Blessing
Oh the earth is good to me
And so I thank the earth
For giving me the things I need
The sun and the rain and the apple seed
The earth is good to me
Story-time song
Fairies of the storytime
Come and share your stories with me
I am listening with my ears
and I'm sitting quietly
No comments:
Post a Comment