We also took some time to paint colorful stars to be used to make a pretend "star lantern" something many Vietnamese children carry around during the Mid Autumn Moon Festival. Hopefully the paint is dry by this afternoon so that we can finish our project!
After activity time it was time for Spanish class. We learned the names of many body parts and learned a new song about all of the colors. A few of the children had a really hard time listening at Spanish class today (I think due to the rainy weather!) The ones that did not have good listening ears did not get a stamp- so if your child comes home on Friday with no stamp you know they didn't have their good listening ears on! We're working on it- I think that Spanish is a hard thing to learn it takes some extra good concentration- something that's really hard for most preschoolers. They really do a good job though for the most part- did you know that most of our preschoolers can count and say all of the colors in Spanish without any help?
After Spanish we got out the balloons and played "keep the balloon in the air" while lunch was being prepared.
Our lunch menu today was sloppy joe, peas, pears, organic blue corn chips and milk.
For nap time instead of reading a story we sang twinkle twinkle little star and practiced our good night poem. Then we sang goodnight to all of our friends and got tucked under our blankets for a cozy rainy day rest.
After nap time we plan on having an indoor acorn hunt while pretending we are little squirrels!
We'll also practice our squirrel songs-
I’m a little squirrel, fuzzy and gray.
When fall comes, I gather nuts all day.
So that when the winter comes, you see,
I’ll have food for my family and me.
(sung to "I'm a little teapot")
Gray Squirrel, Gray Squirrel Shake your bushy tail (pretend to shake tail)
Gray Squirrel, Gray Squirrel Shake your bushy tail (pretend to shake tail)
Wrinkle up your funny nose (act out line)
Put a nut between your toes (pretend to eat a nut)
Gray Squirrel Shake your bushy tail (Pretend to shake a tail)
No comments:
Post a Comment