



Today we continued our apple theme by checking out my apple head doll. It was given to me by my grandma a long time ago. I never knew much about it but just recently came across instructions on how to make these shrunken apple heads! Perfect! What a unique and fun fall science project we can do together for our apple theme! We soaked our peeled apples in a special concoction and then carved the faces and added cloves for the eyes. Now all we do is let them sit and dry for a week or two. They'll shrink and shrivel up and change shape as they dry so that will be fun to watch everyday. When they're done the kids can take them home and use them as a cool
Halloween decoration or add clothes and make it a cute little doll like mine! I've had my doll for more than 10 years so I know they last a long time!
Lunch today was cheese and crackers, hard boiled eggs, carrots, apple and milk.
No comments:
Post a Comment