Healthy Children
Engaged Learners
Critical Thinkers
Tomorrow's Leaders
Get 'Em Outside!
This is an awesome video, please check it out and really think about it!
When I look back at the things I really enjoyed during my school years- it was the hands-on projects- bird banding, creating an archiological dig, learning to joust, making fossils from shells, disecting animals and owl pellets, cross country skiing in gym class, etc. Much of what I learned I don't remember (and it wasn't that long ago that I was in school!)But the hands-on projects, especially the projects that have to do with nature I think I'll always remember. These are the reasons we spend days exploring the neighborhood, catching crayfish, feeding the squirrls and birds, building with and exploring the snow, watching caterpillars change into butterflies, and celebrating holiday's with hands on activities. I strongly believe that even though the children may forget my name as they grow up, and they probably won't remember much of what they've learned or experienced here but I bet they'll remember the fun they had playing in the creek, having picnic's in the park or climbing tree's at St. Mary's park...and maybe they'll take that with them their whole life.
No comments:
Post a Comment