The Life of a Butterfly
(Tune: Skip to My Lou)
I'm a caterpillar, wiggle with me,
I'm a caterpillar, wiggle with me,
I'm a caterpillar, wiggle with me,
What'll I be my darlin'?
I'm A chrysalis, now sleep like me,
I'm A chrysalis, now sleep like me,
I'm A chrysalis, now sleep like me,
What'll I be my darlin'?
I'm A butterfly, come fly with me,
I'm A butterfly, come fly with me,
I'm A butterfly, come fly with me,
What'll I be my darlin'?
Now all together, let's do all three!
A caterpillar, a chrysalis, a butterfly, three!
Move your body like this with me,
The life of a butterfly, darlin'!
Yesterday our fat little caterpillar made himself a cocoon! We knew it was going to happen soon because he was hanging out on top of the jar for couple of hours, he must have changed overnight.
Today we took a bit of yarn and tied a tight knot to the very top of the cocoon where the caterpillar had attached itself to the jar with butterfly glue. Then we carefully took the cocoon out of the jar and hung it on the chandelier in the dining room. This way all of our friends can get a 360 degree view of the cocoon without tipping the jar over to see the top. We'll also hopefully be able to see the process of the butterfly coming out of it's cocoon since it's in the main living area and we can check it often for changes. We did this last year and the children still remember every detail of what happened and how it happened and can't wait to experience the miracle again!
This morning 1/2 of our friends went to the movie, and 1/2 stayed back at school. The movie friends said the movie was good and everyone had a great time and the group was very well behaved- good job friends! The friends that stayed back at school read some butterfly stories, made a snail terrarium and colored the life cycle of a butterfly as we talked about our pretty cocoon hanging in the dining room.
At group time today instead of a story we're going to watch a puppet show about what frogs eat! Kind of similar to the skit we did yesterday, but a little bit different. We also will be singing "The Life of a butterfly".
Lunch today was mac and cheese, carrot sticks, peaches and milk.

Jayme found these two snails (look closely!) in our little pile of compost, they're adorable! We decided to keep them as classroom pets for a while.
(Tune: Skip to My Lou)
I'm a caterpillar, wiggle with me,
I'm a caterpillar, wiggle with me,
I'm a caterpillar, wiggle with me,
What'll I be my darlin'?
I'm A chrysalis, now sleep like me,
I'm A chrysalis, now sleep like me,
I'm A chrysalis, now sleep like me,
What'll I be my darlin'?
I'm A butterfly, come fly with me,
I'm A butterfly, come fly with me,
I'm A butterfly, come fly with me,
What'll I be my darlin'?
Now all together, let's do all three!
A caterpillar, a chrysalis, a butterfly, three!
Move your body like this with me,
The life of a butterfly, darlin'!
Yesterday our fat little caterpillar made himself a cocoon! We knew it was going to happen soon because he was hanging out on top of the jar for couple of hours, he must have changed overnight.
Today we took a bit of yarn and tied a tight knot to the very top of the cocoon where the caterpillar had attached itself to the jar with butterfly glue. Then we carefully took the cocoon out of the jar and hung it on the chandelier in the dining room. This way all of our friends can get a 360 degree view of the cocoon without tipping the jar over to see the top. We'll also hopefully be able to see the process of the butterfly coming out of it's cocoon since it's in the main living area and we can check it often for changes. We did this last year and the children still remember every detail of what happened and how it happened and can't wait to experience the miracle again!
This morning 1/2 of our friends went to the movie, and 1/2 stayed back at school. The movie friends said the movie was good and everyone had a great time and the group was very well behaved- good job friends! The friends that stayed back at school read some butterfly stories, made a snail terrarium and colored the life cycle of a butterfly as we talked about our pretty cocoon hanging in the dining room.
At group time today instead of a story we're going to watch a puppet show about what frogs eat! Kind of similar to the skit we did yesterday, but a little bit different. We also will be singing "The Life of a butterfly".
Lunch today was mac and cheese, carrot sticks, peaches and milk.
Jayme found these two snails (look closely!) in our little pile of compost, they're adorable! We decided to keep them as classroom pets for a while.
1 comment:
So amazing! Lucky children!
xoxo
Post a Comment