Today was a really really really busy day! Our new friend Isa started today. She's so adorable, another Guatemalan princess! She was in the 3 year olds community education dance class so she was already familiar with 1/2 of our class and the children remembered each other which was really fun.
We started with free play on the play ground as usual but at 9:00 the older children began getting ready to go to "Where The Wild Things Are" with Ryan while the younger children went to the playroom with Heather. We had a little bean box fiasco and spent a long time cleaning beans off of the playroom floor- but after we got over that we had a great day. All of the young preschoolers had Spanish class with Ms. Cristina right away this morning and then the little girls played, made bead bracelets and practiced making shapes with "leprechaun coins". The little boys (toddlers) took a rest. When Ryan and the group got back we quickly changed into field trip outfits and loaded up the strollers and backpacks for a walk to the library to see a music concert by Justin Roberts. I had never heard of Justin Roberts and I'm incredibly picky about children's music so I wasn't sure how this would go, but he wasn't too bad and the children had fun seeing someone new!
After the concert we went to the fountain to cool down before our long walk back to school- I think they enjoyed that more than anything! Anywhere we go we get a lot of attention and today was no exception. There were people all over the place that stopped to watch our kids play in the fountain- I don't think the kids even noticed though!
We ran back home, stopping quite a few times to take a rest on the way back- I think Ryan and I needed to rest more than the children, they really don't seem to be affected by long walks or hot weather! We changed our wet clothes and got snuggled into our sleeping mats for a short cool rest and when we wake up we're having yummy smoothies brought by Kennedy and AJ, we are so excited! Thanks so much everyone that has been bringing treats for the children lately, that's so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment