Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Goodbye Kroix






Dear Kroix,
I have to admit I was a little nervous when you started. Some would call you a "wild boy", but Ryan and I thought there was much more to you than that, and we decided to see what would happen if you joined our class. Do you know what? It was one of the greatest decisions we could have made! From your very first interview I saw something about you that I loved, your super loving heart. You hugged Ryan and I both during the interview, with your huge beautiful smile on your face and I knew it was going to be fine.
Your very first full day here I noticed your super loving heart too! You watched out for the younger children immediately. You took time to entertain a crabby toddler, or to hold the hand of one of your friends as they learned to walk across the balancing log. You ALWAYS watch out for others. As we walk along 2nd street (a very busy road!) you switch places with your partner so that they will be close to the wall and you will be closer to the street- you protect them always, without being told to. You are the first to jump up and help Ryan or Heather carry something, hold someone's hand, move something, run inside to grab something, etc. I don't think I've ever seen you unwilling to help with something, and I've NEVER seen you in a bad mood!
You really love structure and have learned the rules and routine and like to stick to them!I know I can count on you to follow what I've told you to do always. If your friends aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing you let them know. Maybe you'll be a teacher or a police officer when you grow up? Whatever you'll do, I know you'll do great things. You are a wonderful, amazing and unique child! I truly wish you could stay in our class a little longer, but know you'll have a wonderful time in kindergarten. Don't forget to come back and visit us sometime!
Wherever you go, and no matter how old you get, know that there are two people here that love you and want the best for you always! And never, EVER let anyone tell you a "wild boy" can't accomplish what others can- you can do whatever you set your mind to do. And I know you will :)

Love you!
Love, Heather, Ryan and Elia
and all your friends at First Discoveries

No comments: