Tuesday, December 16, 2008




What a nice snowy day we've had! We started the morning with a project rather than free play today. We made orange pomanders. They smell delicious! The children really enjoyed making these. They were very creative with the placement of the cloves making many different shapes and designs. After we finished our project we had free play time in the living room in by the fire place. The children played with letters and shapes, kitchen tools, puzzles and books. We made our friendship vegetable soup with crackers, cheese, and orange slices-it was absolutely delicious! Thank you everyone for sharing such yummy vegetables with our class!
For our quiet time story I did a puppet show of the story "The wolf and the 7 little kids" Everyone LOVED this, the children really love puppet shows and I try to do them often.
This afternoon we may brave the weather and play in the snow for a while depending on the temp. We also plan on setting up a "candy cane shop" in our playroom and I'm sure imaginations will run wild with that activity!

No comments: