Yesterday I didn't have time to post anything. We spent the morning at the park and then stopped at the Toy Zone to buy some paper, poster board and supplies for sign making. When we got back to school we each made a lemonade stand sign and had a piece of warm cinnamon swirl bread while Ryan made our friendship vegetable soup for us.
In the afternoon we had a lemonade and cookie sale on the corner of our street to help raise money for our Kids Walking Kids Home walk. We made $60.00 in the one hour that we were selling lemonade!!!! We went through 6 gallons of lemonade and two packages of cookies! I couldn't believe how much we sold or how much we made! The kids were charming everyone with their beautiful smiles and cute little lemonade song. Who could resist that? They had a great time and it was very sweet to see them working so hard together. They were so proud of their earnings but completely understood what the money was going to and told everyone all about our cause as soon as they came by. So adorable! They felt so grown up to have "big" Folwell kids and adults buying lemonade and cookies from them.
Grand Total Amount Raised so far is $538.00!
Can you believe it!? I can't! Thank you everyone for donating and helping to spread the word about this cause that is so near our hearts. We appreciate it!
Can you believe it!? I can't! Thank you everyone for donating and helping to spread the word about this cause that is so near our hearts. We appreciate it!
1 comment:
I have NEVER heard of making $60.00 @ a Lemonade Stand!! Congrats! You guys must have been really cute & knowledgeable to make that much money for your cause. Can't wait to see pictures of everyone walking!
Love, MOM
Post a Comment