Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bye Bye Arhan!







Dear Arhan,
When asked, I bet most people would describe you as smart. You are smart! You have a wonderful memory and a zest for learning. However, I'd have to say your very best quality is your compassionate heart. I've had quite a bit of experience with 6 year old boys and I've never met one so loving and giving as you. You have never hesitated to help a 2 year old with their shoes, or jacket zipper even without being asked to do so. You treat Elia with such kindness, even though she bops you on the head and pulls at your glasses all day long! She really loves you and talks about her Han Han all the time. You are always the first one to comfort a sad friend and help to "make it better". I don't know if you've noticed but little Miel follows you around like a little baby duckling following it's mama. She watches everything you do, and really looks up to you. You are a wonderful roll model to the younger children here. I was really impressed with your attitude during our "Kids Walking Kids Home" walk to benefit the adoption of children with HIV. You took the information I gave you to heart and really wanted to help the children that didn't have any parents. You tried your hardest to sell our lemonade at our lemonade stand and it worked! Maybe you'll be a sales person when you grow up? Whatever you do, keep that love and compassion in your heart and I know you'll do amazing things!
We will miss you very much when you are in 1st grade but we know you will get along wonderfully in your new class!
I've really enjoyed spending the year with you and have so many memories of the times we spent together. My favorite memory of all was our trip to Red Wing, do you remember swimming in the hotel after visiting the pottery museum and the big river boat? That was a great trip. I also really enjoyed taking you and the other oldest children to the movie "Earth". It was so great to see the amazing world through your eyes -and it was a fun and special little trip away from the "acorn" class.
Don't forget to come and visit us often, we'll be waiting to hear all about your new classroom and teacher and all the fun activities you'll be doing this year!


We love you very very much!
Love Heather, Ryan and Elia
and all your friends at First Discoveries

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful post...it bought tears to my eyes...Arhan has learned so much from all of u...I've seen the change in him around little kids & the way he wants to take care of them...something he couldn't get at home having no younger siblings...thank you Heather & Ryan for everything u've done ..I really appreciate all the hardwork u put in to make first discoveries..its the best preschool for kids & I'm always full praise of all u'r efforts u put in to make it so loving, comforting & academic... U do a splendid job & i've always been at ease knowing he's with u guys..he'll always remember u & we will keep in touch..god bless
thank you,
Bhupi & Shivali

rachel said...

I'm so teary from your good bye's to Arhan and Anna. All the children are so lucky to have your love and attention! Thank you for caring so much!

We'll miss them too!