Wednesday, December 16, 2009
So this video talks a bit about churches, Jesus, and stuff like that- but if even if you don't believe in that- the message is really wonderful so ignore the religious stuff if you want and watch it for the message.
This Christmas Ryan and I are donating to East Meets West, which provides hospitals in Vietnam with equipment to care for premature infants-
128,000 premature infants are born in Vietnam every year.
Without proper medical equipment more than 40% of them will die.
Our daughter was one of the lucky ones- she was born at a hospital that had a CPAP machine I believe she is alive today because of the work that East Meets West did in her city hospital.
What's more important? Giving the same old Christmas gifts- or saving a life?
Here is a documentary featuring East Meets West Breath Of Life Program In Vietnam - I believe this footage was taken at the hospital Elia was born at.
If you have a great organization to donate time/ money to let me know and I'll post it here to share with others! I'd love to see how others give back to the world, especially during the Holiday's. I think it's the greatest gift we can give our children- to learn to care for others and the world we live in with our whole hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment