Monday, July 26, 2010



Today was such a great playing day! The children played and played and played together- it was very sweet. They played some make believe games and then played many rounds of a playground tag game called sharks and minnows. I'm not sure I've ever seen them ALL play together for any period of time so this was pretty amazing and Ryan and I sure didn't want to get in the way of their creativity!
Today Quinn brought a big monarch caterpillar and some milk weed in a jar to share with the class. I was hoping someone would find a monarch caterpillar and bring them in! It's always so amazing to watch the life cycle of a caterpillar.
At group time today we read the story "Turtle Spring". We learned that in the winter some types of turtles burrow underground, tuck in their head and feet, and go into a deep deep sleep until spring arrives.
Our lunch was cheese sandwiches, strawberries, grapes brought by Hayden, green beans and milk and snack is cookies brought by Jayme and Dru! Thank you so much for bringing yummy food to share with our class- we love it!
After rest time we plan on making some dragonflies using items found in nature- we try to use Monday's as our "nature art" day so the projects don't always go with the theme but they're fun and creative anyway!

No comments: